Saturday, November 22, 2014

Week 7 Post 1



Regarding the use of mobiles in teaching and learning I must say that in my country this is still an issue

Until last year it was almost forbidden, each classroom had a box in which students had to put their mobiles and they would pick them up before going home.


We are now undergoing a transition, as authorities and teachers are discovering mobiles can be friendly and useful tools to enhance teaching and learning. 


I'm very happy and excited about experimenting using mobiles to teach and improve learning. I will keep a thorough register of these experiences to share with colleagues and help demonstrate that mobiles are wonderful tools, and I hope this will be an important contribution towards including them in our teaching practices.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Virginia,

    As you have mentioned, in my school use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited. This is perhaps common to all schools in India.

    Although I believe the mobile phone can be used as a technology tool to promote learning, using it right now in my school seems impossible. Maybe, in the coming session I will give a PPT presentation to the authorities and my colleagues on the ways of utilizing mobiles as a learning tool. I am hoping that this will change their viewpoint on the matter.

    I am happy that this change has already occurred in your school.

    Wishing you all the best!

    Sharmila from India

    ReplyDelete