Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 6 Post 3




A lot of work and thinking done towards solving my Final Project puzzle. As I'm not currently teaching I'm writing a Project Plan to implement next year, starting hopefully late March or April.






As a begining step I sent e-mails to the Director of the National English Department, the National English supervisor and my own supervisor at Uruguay Educa portal to make them acquainted about my Final Project and ask the corresponding permissions to put it into practice. All of them are very interested and ready to help. We already scheduled a meeting for next week, to exchange opinions and discuss some details.

As I got my supervisors' permission, I asked the on line learning platform manager to open a virtual classroom, through which I will implement the on line course I'm planning. Managing and tutoring in service teachers in this virtual classroom is the NEW technology for my project: using a learning platform and delivering an on line course. I hope the virtual classroom will be ready soon to start uploading materials, getting ready the weeks' profiles and tasks, designing the different forums, etc.



I also started to write the Plan following the given template. I'm currently working on developing the plan timeline, distributing the course's content and tasks. As soon as the timeline is ready and the platform manager gives me access as a teacher I will be able to start developin the necessary materials. I'm really looking forward to this moment to come.


3 comments:

  1. Greetings Virginia! I really like you project idea. A similar thought went through my mind but I think I need more knowledge before trying something like that. I was happy to read that your education authorities are willing to help you in this process. That is what we all need everywhere, for them to be involved.
    I would really like to hear more about how you are incorporating this course and maybe some suggestions along the way.

    Regards.

    Sergio, Bolivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Virginia,

    I loved your idea about creating a virtual classroom for delivering an online course. It's a very demanding and challenging task... so good for you!

    Best of wishes for your project!

    Lore from Córdoba, Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Virginia,

    Of all your week 6 blog posts, this is by far my favorite! How exciting that you've been in contact with the Director of the National English Department, the National English supervisor about your final project!!! I think it's incredibly exciting that you have a meeting with them this week. Please share the details with us in your week 7 blog post.

    I'm sure your anxious to put your plan to practice, but you're implementing a change that needs careful thought, consideration, and planning. Taking this time to plan and share ideas with your supervisors will make the project stronger in the long run. I just might have to request a report from you once it's begun.

    Thanks for sharing your successes!

    ReplyDelete