Saturday, November 1, 2014

Week 4 Post 1

I enjoyed a lot working on the technology enhanced lesson plan. I think it is not very different from the ones I plan every day. That's because I mostly work deeloping digital educational resources for English elementary school teachers and students in .public schools throughout the country. Those resources are published at http://www.uruguayeduca.edu.uy/

I feel the article "What is successful technology Integration" (http://www.edutopia.org/technology-integration-guide-description)  was particularly useful for me. The SAMR model helped me revise my teaching practice.  In Uruguay we mostly follow the T-Pack model to promote technology integration among our teachers. I recomend visiting both sites to get a more thorough insite of the models.

Talking about the Final Project, I decided to change my target audience. Instead of developing a project for my students, I decided to focus on  teachers and technology integration. The main reasons for this change are:

  • our students belong to the digital generation and thus are ready and willing to profit from technology while learning.
  • one of the major barriers regarding technology integration lies on teachers' knowledge (T-Pack) and attitudes towards gadgets.


 I want to help build a collaborative  path
among teachers to move towards technogloy integration.                


Virginia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Virginia,

    Nice blog post! enjoyed reading it.

    I like the fact that you have changed your audience for your final project.
    I do believe that targeting teachers will bring helpful results both teachers and students.

    Goodluck,
    Anar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Virginia!

    Thanks for useful post!

    Good luck with incorporating and promoting new technology among teachers!

    Best regards,
    Zulyar Kavashev
    Kazakhstan, Almaty
    http://zulyar-english-teacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete